Pupil, in its literal sense, refers to a student who is learning or receiving education under the guidance of a teacher. However, when it comes to antonyms, the word has quite a few. One of the most common antonyms for pupil is teacher, denoting the one who teaches or imparts knowledge to their students. Another antonym could be ignorant, meaning a person who is not aware of a particular subject or lacks knowledge. Other opposite words for pupil include illiterate, uneducated, inexpert, and inexperienced - all of which indicate a lack of knowledge or skill. By using antonyms, we can learn to appreciate the value of education and the role of a pupil in the learning process.
- instructor, usually in recreation
- legal representative; adviser
leader of institution
- male or female colleague, friend
- student of history
- person who educates
- person in charge, female or male
- person who advises
- person who teaches college courses
- person who is learning something
- instructor, teacher
- person who teaches another privately
- Other relevant words
Antonym of the day
- multilateral, unilateral, detached.