What is another word for blunderbuss?

432 synonyms found


[ blˈʌndəbˌʌs], [ blˈʌndəbˌʌs], [ b_l_ˈʌ_n_d_ə_b_ˌʌ_s]

Synonyms for Blunderbuss:

How to use "Blunderbuss" in context?

The blunderbuss, also referred to as a master's flintlock or bombardier's flintlock, is a firearm type that was popular in the 18th and 19th centuries. It is a stubby, short-barreled gun that uses a lead ball as ammunition. Due to its design and the velocity of the ball, the blunderbuss was historically used as a siege weapon and as a close-quarters discharge firearms for hunting large animals.

Hyponym for Blunderbuss:

Meronym for Blunderbuss:

Word of the Day

ace, base hit, bourgeon, burgeon forth, circuit, constitute, duty tour, embed, engraft, enlistment.