What is another word for booklouse?

Pronunciation: [bˈʊkla͡ʊs] (IPA)

Booklice are tiny insects that can be found in archives, libraries, and bookstores. They are also known as psocids. However, some people prefer to call them paper lice, dust lice, or barklice. Booklouse is a common term but can be replaced with other descriptive terms such as book bugs, book mites, or manuscript mites. These synonyms describe their habitat and behavior, which is to feed on organic materials found in books, including mold and mildew. Their presence can damage paper, glue, and bindings, making it important to control and prevent infestations in order to protect valuable collections.

Synonyms for Booklouse:

What are the hypernyms for Booklouse?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

horse barn, stable.