What is another word for carriage return?

Pronunciation: [kˈaɹɪd͡ʒ ɹɪtˈɜːn] (IPA)

Carriage return is a term that refers to the action of returning to the beginning of a line on a typewriter or computer after reaching the end of a line. Synonyms for carriage return include newline, line break, end of line, line feed, and enter. Each of these terms describes the process of moving to the next line in a text document or coding environment. While there may be slight variations in how each term is used, they are all used interchangeably to help writers and coders format text in a clear and concise way. Whether you're using a typewriter or a computer, understanding these synonyms is important for effective communication and organization.

What are the hypernyms for Carriage return?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Carriage return?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

Latitudinarians refers to individuals who hold broad or liberal views, especially in matters of religion or politics. Synonyms for latitudinarians include liberals, progressives, o...