What is another word for centerfold?

Pronunciation: [sˈɛntəfˌə͡ʊld] (IPA)

Centerfold is a term that's commonly associated with magazines, especially those that feature photographs of scantily-clad or nude models in the centerfold section. However, there are synonyms for the word "centerfold" that can be used interchangeably in different contexts. These include pin-up, cover girl, glamour girl, playmate, and poster girl, among others. Each term has its own connotations and popularity, such as "Pin-up" referring to the vintage style of illustrated images of attractive women, while "cover girl" is often used to describe models who grace the covers of fashion and lifestyle magazines. In the end, it's important to use the right synonym for the context to avoid any potential misunderstandings or offense.

Synonyms for Centerfold:

What are the hypernyms for Centerfold?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Centerfold?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

What are the opposite words for centerfold?

The word "centerfold" refers to a type of magazine or newspaper page layout where a single image or photograph is placed in the center of the page, surrounded by text or other images. Antonyms for this word could include "peripheral" or "marginal," which convey ideas of being on the outer edges or margins rather than at the center. Other possible antonyms might include "inclusive," "scattered," or "dispersed," which suggest a lack of focus or centering. Ultimately, the choice of antonym will depend on the context in which the word "centerfold" is being used and the specific meaning that is being conveyed.

Famous quotes with Centerfold

  • Friedan: A celebration of women's bodies is all right with me so long as there is no denial of the personhood of women. I suppose sometimes women are sex objects -- and men are too, by the way. It's the definition of women just as sex objects that bothers me. Women can celebrate themselves as sex objects, they can celebrate their own sexuality and can enjoy the sexuality of men as far as I'm concerted. Let's have men centerfolds. [..] centerfold is fine. It's holding onto your own anachronism and it is not pornographic, though many of my sisters would disagree. It's harmless. [...] strikes me as an odd mixture of sex -- sometimes juvenile --- and forward intellectual thoughts.
    Betty Friedan
  • Friedan: I thought it was absolutely outrageous that the won four Oscars. [...] I'm not saying that the movie shouldn't have been shows. I'm not denying the movie was an artistic triumph, but it was about the evisceration, the skinning alive of women. That is what I find offensive. Not the centerfold.
    Betty Friedan

Word of the Day

Nonsaline refers to something that is not saline or does not contain salt. Hence, antonyms for this word can be "saline", "salty", or "briny". A saline solution is a solution conta...