What is another word for Conchoidal?

Pronunciation: [kənt͡ʃˈɔ͡ɪdə͡l] (IPA)

Conchoidal refers to a smooth, curved surface characterized by concentric ridges and grooves. Some synonyms for this term include smooth, polished, sleek, glossy, glassy, shiny, and lustrous. These words all describe a surface that is free from irregularities and imperfections, and that appears to reflect light evenly. Other synonyms for conchoidal might include curvilinear, sinuous, undulating, or rippled, which suggest a surface that is gently rolling or curved. Whatever word you choose to describe a conchoidal surface, it should convey a sense of smoothness, fluidity, and grace, with an underlying sense of strength and durability.

Usage examples for Conchoidal

This material has a dull luster and a Conchoidal fracture.
"The Economic Aspect of Geology"
C. K. Leith
The final stage of coal formation is anthracite,-hard, brittle, black, with high luster and Conchoidal fracture.
"The Economic Aspect of Geology"
C. K. Leith
In nine or ten miles to the north of Boorbarna, we crossed a curious tract of country, covered with what I considered a variety of quartz, which breaks with a Conchoidal fracture, but it has very much the appearance of flint; in many places the pieces were large, with sharp angles; my sons complained that it injured their horses' feet, but by alighting, and leading our horses over the worse parts, I did not perceive any bad effects from it.
"The Bushman Life in a New Country"
Edward Wilson Landor

Word of the Day

Hg NO, or mercury nitric oxide, is a chemical compound known for its various applications. It is crucial to identify synonyms to describe this compound more precisely. Some common ...