What is another word for creased?

Pronunciation: [kɹˈiːsd] (IPA)

The word "creased" is often used to describe something that is marked by a fold or wrinkle. There are several synonyms that can be used instead of "creased" to describe this type of marking, such as wrinkled, crumpled, folded, pleated, crinkled, rumpled, and furrowed. Each of these words conveys a slightly different meaning and can be used in specific situations to describe different types of creasing. For example, "crumpled" might be used to describe a piece of paper that has been wadded up and compressed into a ball, while "pleated" might be used to describe the intentional folding of fabric to add texture or interest to a garment.

Synonyms for Creased:

What are the hypernyms for Creased?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Creased

He had a creased stomach and soft pale lips.
"The Greater Inclination"
Edith Wharton
An astute grin creased the doctor's face.
"The Gray Phantom's Return"
Herman Landon
A faint grin creased his face.
"The Gray Phantom's Return"
Herman Landon

Word of the Day

hypergeometric series
A hypergeometric series is a type of mathematical series that has a specific form and is found to be useful in a variety of mathematical applications. There are several synonyms fo...