What is another word for deplumate?

Pronunciation: [dɪplˈuːme͡ɪt] (IPA)

Deplumate is a rare word which means "to pluck or remove feathers." However, there are numerous synonyms which can be used in its place. Some of these synonyms include "pluck, strip, pick, remove, disfeather, and denude." Other possible synonyms might include "defeather, unfeather, or unpluck" although these are not commonly used in everyday language. Regardless of which synonym is used, the word denotes the same action of removing feathers from something, whether it be a bird, a pillow, or some other object. Using a diverse range of synonyms is an effective way to add variety and depth to one's writing.

Synonyms for Deplumate:

What are the hypernyms for Deplumate?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Deplumate?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for deplumate (as verbs)

Word of the Day

chucker-out, bouncer.