What is another word for dock-walloper?

13 synonyms found


[ dˈɒkwˈɒlə͡ʊpə], [ dˈɒkwˈɒlə‍ʊpə], [ d_ˈɒ_k_w_ˈɒ_l_əʊ_p_ə]

The word "dock-walloper" refers to someone who spends time idling around the docks. It is often used pejoratively, and it is understandable why some people might find the word offensive. Thankfully, there are several synonyms that one can use to describe such a person without resorting to using derogatory language. Some words that can be used instead of "dock-walloper" include loafer, idler, dawdler, laggard, and slacker. These words all convey a sense of someone who is not busy or productive, but they do so without denigrating the individual personally. Using these synonyms instead of "dock-walloper" shows respect for others and helps to promote a more inclusive language.

Synonyms for Dock-walloper:

How to use "Dock-walloper" in context?

Dock-walloper is a worker who uses a crane to move cargo or ships onto or off docks. The job requires strong upper body strength and the ability to stay balanced and stationary for long periods of time. Dock-wallopers must be skilled in using the crane and know how to safely navigate around the ships and docks.

Word of the Day