What is another word for drug of abuse?
3 synonyms found
[ dɹˈʌɡ ɒv ɐbjˈuːs], [ dɹˈʌɡ ɒv ɐbjˈuːs], [ d_ɹ_ˈʌ_ɡ ɒ_v ɐ_b_j_ˈuː_s]
There are various synonyms for the term "drug of abuse" that are commonly used in medical and criminal justice settings. Some of the synonyms for drugs of abuse are:
1. Illicit drugs: These are drugs that are illegal under federal law and are not approved for medical use.
2. Controlled substances: These are drugs that are regulated by the government due to their potential for abuse and addiction.
3. Addictive drugs: These are drugs that have a high tendency to cause addiction in individuals who use them.
4. Psychoactive drugs: These are drugs that affect the central nervous system and change brain function and behavior.
5. Hallucinogens: These are drugs that alter perception, thoughts, and feelings, and cause hallucinations.
6. Stimulants: These are drugs that enhance alertness, attention, and energy, and are often abused for their euphoric effects.
Synonyms for Drug of abuse:
How to use "Drug of abuse" in context?
There is no one answer to the question of what qualifies as a "drug of abuse." In fact, the definition of a drug of abuse can differ from person to person and even from one region to another. In general, though, a drug of abuse is any psychoactive substance that can be addictive and can be used for recreational or54
The most frequently abused drugs in the United States are alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine. In fact, alcohol is the most commonly abused drug in the world, with an estimated 2.3 billion people using it.
Homophones for Drug of abuse:
Hyponym for Drug of abuse: