What is another word for fell down?

175 synonyms found


[ fˈɛl dˈa͡ʊn], [ fˈɛl dˈa‍ʊn], [ f_ˈɛ_l d_ˈaʊ_n]

"Fell down" is a common expression that refers to a person losing their balance, slipping, or collapsing to the ground. However, there are several synonyms that can be used instead of "fell down" to add variety and impact to your writing or speech. Some examples include: tumbled, toppled, plummeted, tripped, stumbled, crashed, stumbled, collapsed, dropped, and slipped. Using these alternatives can help to prevent repetition and keep your language fresh and engaging. Additionally, choosing the right synonym can help to convey the severity and intensity of a fall, making your writing more descriptive and impactful.

Synonyms for Fell down:

How to use "Fell down" in context?

Fell down is a colloquial term for when a person slips and falls. Often, this happens when they are trying to get up from a seated or crouching position. This can be a dangerous occurrence, as it can lead to a general fall, and potentially serious injury.

It is important to be cautious when using the stairs, as even a small fall can lead to a broken bone or other injury. If you fall, it is important to remain still and incapacitated until help arrives. Do not move unless you are safely able to do so.

Word of the Day

home and dry