What is another word for Flabelliform?

204 synonyms found


[ flˈe͡ɪbə͡lˌɪfɔːm], [ flˈe‍ɪbə‍lˌɪfɔːm], [ f_l_ˈeɪ_b_əl_ˌɪ_f_ɔː_m]

Flabelliform is a unique adjective that describes something fan-shaped. However, you can also use a plethora of synonyms to describe the same shape. Some synonyms for flabelliform include fan-shaped, palmate, radiate, cuneate, and peltate. These words are useful for describing a variety of objects, such as leaves, feathers, or even architectural features. While flabelliform is a rather uncommon word, using its synonyms can help you communicate the same meaning more effectively when describing something that has a fan shape. So, if you need to describe a fan-shaped object, don't be afraid to try one of these synonyms instead of flabelliform.

Synonyms for Flabelliform:

How to use "Flabelliform" in context?

The genus Flabelliformes comprises of five species of seabirds: Flabellina spp., Eleonora spp., Pterodroma spp., Albatrosses, and Boobies. All five species are known for their exceptionally large 'flabs' on their wings and are the largest seabirds in the world.

The Flabellina spp., also known as the Southern Flabellina, is the most widespread and common member of the genus. These seabirds can be found throughout the world, except in the polar regions.

Word of the Day

aquiline, arced, arching, arciform, arcuate, bicornate, bicorne, bicorned, bicornuate, bicornuous.