What is another word for flickering?

444 synonyms found


[ flˈɪkəɹɪŋ], [ flˈɪkəɹɪŋ], [ f_l_ˈɪ_k_ə_ɹ_ɪ_ŋ]

"Flickering" is a commonly used term to describe the sporadic and uneven movement of light and shadows. However, there are several synonyms for this word that can add variety and depth to your writing. Some synonyms of "flickering" include "flashing," "twinkling," "fluttering," "dancing," "shimmering," "quivering," "jittering," "winking," "blinking," and "quavering." By using these synonyms, you can give your text a different tone and more vivid imagery, allowing readers to experience your writing in a new and exciting way. So next time you need to describe the movement of light or shadows, consider using one of these synonyms instead of "flickering".

Synonyms for Flickering:

How to use "Flickering" in context?

When you watch a movie, your eyes travel across the screen in a smooth, continuous motion. But if you take a close look at the screen, you might notice that the picture is jerkily alternately black and white, as though it's constantly flickering. This is called flicker effect and it's a common artifact of old movies being shown on new TVs or computers with low refresh rates.

While some people find the flicker effect aesthetically pleasing, it can be very frustrating and annoying to watch. And because it's an artifact of the video signal, it can't be eliminated without changing the way the picture is displayed.

Paraphrases for Flickering:

Paraphrases are highlighted according to their relevancy:
- highest relevancy
- medium relevancy
- lowest relevancy

Word of the Day

Standstill refers to a momentary pause or point of time where there is no movement or activity happening. There are several synonyms for the word standstill, including halt, stoppa...