What is another word for flounce?

513 synonyms found


[ flˈa͡ʊns], [ flˈa‍ʊns], [ f_l_ˈaʊ_n_s]

Flounce is a term most commonly associated with clothing that has a ruffled or gathered edge, often at the bottom of dresses or skirts. However, there are many other words that can be used to describe this type of decorative detail. Some synonyms for flounce include frill, ruffle, gather, flounce, pleat, tuck, and flounce skirt. Each of these words can be used to describe a slightly different type of embellishment, ranging from a simple gathered edge to a more complex series of pleats or folds. Choosing the right word to describe a particular type of flounce can help to add depth and nuance to your writing.

Related words: flounce dress, flounce skirt, flounces, flounces on skirts, skirt with flounces, skirt with flounces on bottom, skirt with flounces on front

Related questions:

  • What is a flounce?
  • How to add a flounce to a skirt?
  • What are the steps to add a flounce to a skirt?

    Synonyms for Flounce:

    How to use "Flounce" in context?

    Bouncy, light, and playful, a flounce is a movement that involves a jump or step out with the feet, accentuated with a quick lift of the arms. The movement can be used for dances such as the foxtrot and fox-trot, or simply for fun. The flounce is an easy way to add life and rhythm to any dance.

    Word of the Day