What is another word for glass-cutter?

Pronunciation: [ɡlˈaskˈʌtə] (IPA)

A glass-cutter is a specialized tool used to cut glass. Alternative words to describe this tool include glass knife, glass scorer, and glass breaker. These terms describe different types of glass-cutters and their respective functions. A glass knife is distinguished by its sharp, pointed blade and is often used for intricate cuts and designs. A glass scorer, on the other hand, is used for straight cuts and is characterized by a long, straight blade that resembles a ruler. Lastly, a glass breaker is designed to shatter glass with a sharp point or hammer-like action. Regardless of their specific design, all glass-cutters share the same purpose - to cut glass with precision and accuracy.

Synonyms for Glass-cutter:

What are the hypernyms for Glass-cutter?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Glass-cutter?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for glass-cutter (as nouns)

Word of the Day

hypergeometric series
A hypergeometric series is a type of mathematical series that has a specific form and is found to be useful in a variety of mathematical applications. There are several synonyms fo...