What is another word for ground-effect machine?

Pronunciation: [ɡɹˈa͡ʊndɪfˈɛkt məʃˈiːn] (IPA)

The term "ground-effect machine" refers to a type of vehicle or aircraft that functions by utilizing the cushion of air created between its wings or hull and the surface below. Some synonyms for this term include hovercraft, wing-in-ground-effect (WIG) vehicle, or air-cushion vehicle (ACV). The use of these machines can be found in a variety of settings, including transportation, military operations, and even recreational activities such as racing. While the specific design and capabilities of each type of ground-effect machine vary, they all rely on the same principle of utilizing the ground effect to increase lift and support.

Synonyms for Ground-effect machine:

What are the hypernyms for Ground-effect machine?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Ground-effect machine?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for ground-effect machine (as nouns)

Word of the Day

Tinian is an island located in the Northern Mariana Islands, known for its natural beauty and rich history. If you're looking for synonyms for the word "Tinian", you could describe...