What is another word for ground-fog?

Pronunciation: [ɡɹˈa͡ʊndfˈɒɡ] (IPA)

Ground-fog is a phenomenon where a layer of fog covers the ground, reducing visibility. Different synonyms can be used to describe ground-fog, including mist, haze, steam, and vapor. Mist refers to a fine spray of tiny water droplets in the air that can reduce visibility, while haze is a blurred view caused by fine dust. Steam and vapor are both gaseous forms of water that can also obscure visibility when present in large quantities. Other synonyms that can be used include smog, which is a combination of smoke and fog, and gloom, which refers to a state of darkness or despair. Regardless of the synonym used, ground-fog is a weather phenomenon that can impact daily life and safety.

Synonyms for Ground-fog:

What are the hypernyms for Ground-fog?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: fog ground, ground fog, fog on the ground, fog at ground level, ground fog satellite, ground fog density

Related questions:

  • Where is ground fog seen?
  • Which type of climate causes ground fog?
  • What are the causes of ground fog?
  • Word of the Day

    chucker-out, bouncer.