What is another word for gum ridge?

Pronunciation: [ɡˈʌm ɹˈɪd͡ʒ] (IPA)

Gum ridge refers to the firm and raised area on the gums that surrounds the teeth. Synonyms for gum ridge include gingival ridge, gum line, gum crest, and marginal gingiva. The gingival ridge is the edge where the gum meets the tooth, forming a protective seal around the teeth. The gum line is the line where the gum and tooth meet, creating a barrier against bacteria and other harmful substances in the mouth. The gum crest is the highest point of the gum ridge, while marginal gingiva describes the gum tissue surrounding the teeth. Regardless of the term used, maintaining healthy gums and gum ridges is essential for good oral health.

Synonyms for Gum ridge:

What are the hypernyms for Gum ridge?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    tooth, dental feature, dental structure.

Word of the Day

"ANN CONF AUSTRALAS INST MET" seems to be an abbreviation or a combination of words, rather than a single word. Therefore, finding synonyms for it might be challenging without unde...