What is another word for jacobean?

13 synonyms found


[ d͡ʒˌakə͡ʊbˈi͡ən], [ d‍ʒˌakə‍ʊbˈi‍ən], [ dʒ_ˌa_k_əʊ_b_ˈiə_n]

Jacobean is a term used to describe the English architecture, furniture, and literature of the early 17th century during the reign of King James I. Synonyms for Jacobean include Early Stuart, Stuart, Jamesian, and Caroline. The term Early Stuart refers to the period from 1603 to 1642 when the Stuarts ruled England. Stuart is a term used to describe the entire period of the Stuart dynasty from James I to Queen Anne in the early 18th century. Jamesian is used in reference to the reign of James I, and Caroline is a term used to describe the same era but with a focus on the decorative arts of the time.

Synonyms for Jacobean:

How to use "Jacobean" in context?

The Elizabethan Era is widely regarded as one of the most exciting and transformative periods in English history. It was a time of great political and social change, marked by the flowering of the arts and sciences. The era was, above all, a time of great innovation and creativity.

The Elizabethan era was characterized by a resurgence of the arts, with great composers and playwrights emerging such as William Shakespeare and Christopher Marlowe. The Renaissance ideals of humanism and the exploration of the world were also brought to England during the Elizabethan era.

Word of the Day

aquiline, arced, arching, arciform, arcuate, bicornate, bicorne, bicorned, bicornuate, bicornuous.