What is another word for Knurled?

Pronunciation: [nˈɜːld] (IPA)

When it comes to describing a surface that is rough or textured, the word "knurled" is a common choice, but there are a handful of other words that can serve as synonyms for this term. Some alternatives include "grooved," "ridged," "embossed," "textured," "corrugated," "notched," "knotty," and "bumpy." Each of these words can be used to convey a slightly different nuance, depending on the context. "Grooved" may suggest a series of parallel lines, while "knotty" can convey a more natural, organic texture. Ultimately, the choice of synonym will depend on the specific situation and the desired effect.

Synonyms for Knurled:

What are the hypernyms for Knurled?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Knurled

Upon its circumference is a Knurled or milled nut C, which is threaded internally to receive the threaded wings of the bush B. A collar behind C holds it in place upon the hub.
"Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II"
Joshua Rose
Brodeur turned a Knurled disk, and from one of the boxes on the grass a sudden, whining hum arose, like millions of angry hornets.
"The Flying Legion"
George Allan England

Word of the Day

trump hand
upper hand, advantage, authority, benefit, break, control, dominance, edge, favor, gain.