What is another word for landing flap?

Pronunciation: [lˈandɪŋ flˈap] (IPA)

A landing flap is an important part of an aircraft's landing gear. It is used to enhance lift and stability during a landing, helping to slow down the aircraft and ensure a safe touchdown. There are a number of synonyms for the term "landing flap," including "flap track," "flap extension," and "flap hinge." Other related words and phrases include "slats," "air brakes," and "spoilers," all of which are also used to help control an aircraft during landing. Whether you are a pilot, an aviation enthusiast, or simply interested in the mechanics of flight, understanding the terminology and functions of landing flaps and related flight control systems can be both fascinating and informative.

Synonyms for Landing flap:

What are the hypernyms for Landing flap?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    aileron, flap, slat, flight control surface, Aeronautical part, Retractable wing surface, Wing component, aircraft part.

What are the hyponyms for Landing flap?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for landing flap (as nouns)

Related words: airplane landing flaps, airplane landing gear, airplane flight flap, landing gear for airplanes, airplane flaps, airplane flap, airplane landing gear what's the point

Related questions:

  • Do airplanes have landing gears?
  • Does a plane have landing gear?
  • Does a plane need a landing gear?
  • Word of the Day

    Traumatic Encephalopathies Chronic
    Traumatic Encephalopathies Chronic refers to a brain condition that is caused by repeated hits to the head, which affects mood, behavior, and cognitive abilities. The term antonym ...