What is another word for lower house?

Pronunciation: [lˈə͡ʊə hˈa͡ʊs] (IPA)

Lower house is generally referred to as the lower chamber of a bicameral legislative body and is responsible for proposing and passing laws. However, there are different terms used to describe this chamber in different countries and regions. For instance, in the United States, the lower house is called the House of Representatives, while in the United Kingdom, it is known as the House of Commons. In Australia, it's called the House of Representatives and in Canada, it is known as the House of Commons. Other terms that can be used synonymously with lower house include lower chamber, lower legislative house, and popular assembly. Regardless of the name, the lower house plays a critical role in the legislative process of any democratic society.

Word of the Day

being sweet on
abide by, accept, acclaim, accolade, accredit, acknowledgment, admiration, adoration, alike, animate.