What is another word for mercury-vapor lamps?

Pronunciation: [mˈɜːkjʊɹivˈe͡ɪpə lˈamps] (IPA)

There are various terms that are used to describe mercury-vapor lamps. One of the most common is MV lamps, which stands for mercury-vapor lamps. Another term that is frequently used is HQL lamps, which stands for high-pressure mercury-vapor lamps. These lamps are also sometimes referred to as mercury vapor discharge lamps. They have been used for decades in a range of applications, including street lighting, industrial lighting, and outdoor lighting. Despite being less efficient than some newer technologies, mercury-vapor lamps continue to be used because of their long lifespan and low operating costs. Other terms that can be used to describe these lamps include high-intensity discharge lamps and HID lamps.

What are the hypernyms for Mercury-vapor lamps?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    fluorescent lighting, artificial lighting, electric lamps, gas-discharge lamps, light sources.

Word of the Day

Traumatic Encephalopathies Chronic
Traumatic Encephalopathies Chronic refers to a brain condition that is caused by repeated hits to the head, which affects mood, behavior, and cognitive abilities. The term antonym ...