What is another word for monotectic?

Pronunciation: [mˌɒnə͡ʊtˈɛktɪk] (IPA)

Monotectic is a term used in materials science and refers to the equilibrium phase diagram of certain alloys, where a liquid mixture separates into two distinct liquids as it cools. Synonyms for monotectic include the terms biphasic, dichotomous, and dichromatic. Other synonyms for the concept of phase separation include demixing, fractionation, and partitioning. Monotectic can also be described as being similar to immiscibility, where two liquids are unable to form a homogeneous mixture, but instead separate into distinct phases. Understanding and using synonyms for technical terms like monotectic is important for effective scientific communication and collaboration.

Synonyms for Monotectic:

What are the hypernyms for Monotectic?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Tinian is an island located in the Northern Mariana Islands, known for its natural beauty and rich history. If you're looking for synonyms for the word "Tinian", you could describe...