What is another word for moving-coil galvanometer?

2 synonyms found


[ mˈuːvɪŋkˈɔ͡ɪl ɡˌalvɐnˈɒmɪtə], [ mˈuːvɪŋkˈɔ‍ɪl ɡˌalvɐnˈɒmɪtə], [ m_ˈuː_v_ɪ_ŋ_k_ˈɔɪ_l ɡ_ˌa_l_v_ɐ_n_ˈɒ_m_ɪ_t_ə]

A moving-coil galvanometer is a device used to detect and measure small electric currents. However, there are several other terms that can be used to describe this device. Some common synonyms include a tangent galvanometer, reflecting galvanometer, and ballistic galvanometer. The tangent galvanometer is similar to the moving-coil galvanometer but uses a magnet instead of a coil of wire. The reflecting galvanometer uses a mirror to reflect light and measure small electric currents. The ballistic galvanometer is used to measure the total charge that passes through an electric circuit. All of these terms are interchangeable and refer to the same device used in electrical engineering and physics.

Related words: moving coil galvanometer, dc voltage sensor, ac voltage sensor, analog moving coil meter, galvanometer principle

Related questions:

  • What is a moving coil galvanometer?
  • What is a dc voltage sensor?

    Synonyms for Moving-coil galvanometer:

    How to use "Moving-coil galvanometer" in context?

    Moving-coil galvanometers are used in countless scientific and industrial applications to measure small changes in electric current or voltages. These instruments use a moving coil to convert variations in current into a proportional change in voltage. This technology allows for simple and accurate measurements, even under a variety of conditions. In addition to its scientific applications, moving-coil galvanometers are also used in consumer electronics and automotive systems.

    Word of the Day

    Bouvet Island, a remote and uninhabited volcanic island in the Southern Ocean, is known for its breathtaking beauty and untouched nature. When seeking to describe this unique locat...