What is another word for one thirtysixth of yard?

3 synonyms found


[ wˈɒn θˈɜːtɪsˌɪksθ ɒv jˈɑːd], [ wˈɒn θˈɜːtɪsˌɪksθ ɒv jˈɑːd], [ w_ˈɒ_n θ_ˈɜː_t_ɪ_s_ˌɪ_k_s_θ ɒ_v j_ˈɑː_d]

One thirty-sixth of a yard can be referred to as a "thrum" or a "skein" in certain contexts. In the field of weaving and textiles, a thrum refers to the threads that are left over after a piece of fabric is woven. These leftover threads can be spun together to create a new yarn, which is then wound into a skein. Additionally, in knitting and crochet, skeins are commonly used to measure and purchase yarn. While these terms may not be commonly used in everyday conversation, they are important to know for those working in the textile industry or who enjoy crafting with yarn.

Synonyms for One thirtysixth of yard:

How to use "One thirtysixth of yard" in context?

To those who have never heard of the term, "one thirtysixth of a yard," it might sound like a pretty small unit of measurement. But for those in the know, one thirtysixth of a yard is actually the standard size for a piece of fabric that is cut to fit a specific garment, such as a dress or skirt. It is also the size of a piece of fabric that is used to make a quilt or bedspread.

Keep in mind that the term "one thirtysixth of a yard" is actually a standard measurement, and there is no real meaning to the number itself.

Word of the Day

extractor fan