What is another word for panelling?

50 synonyms found


[ pˈanəlɪŋ], [ pˈanəlɪŋ], [ p_ˈa_n_ə_l_ɪ_ŋ]

Panelling is a popular decorative finish used to cover walls and ceilings. It is made up of wooden or plastic panels that add texture and character to interior spaces. However, there are many synonyms for the word panelling that can be used to achieve the same effect. Some of these synonyms include cladding, boarding, wainscoting, veneering, and surfacing. Cladding is a method of covering a surface with a different material. Boarding refers to the installation of planks or boards on a wall. Wainscoting is a type of paneling that covers the bottom half of a wall. Veneering involves applying a thin layer of wood over a surface, while surfacing is the act of applying a layer of material over a surface.

Synonyms for Panelling:

How to use "Panelling" in context?

A wall is a surface, typically constructed of solid materials, used to divide or enclose space within a building or room. Walls are often treated as components of a building's exterior, while the interior of a room is typically open and unstructured.

Word of the Day

Bouvet Island, a remote and uninhabited volcanic island in the Southern Ocean, is known for its breathtaking beauty and untouched nature. When seeking to describe this unique locat...