What is another word for phonograph needle?

3 synonyms found


[ fˈɒnəɡɹˌaf nˈiːdə͡l], [ fˈɒnəɡɹˌaf nˈiːdə‍l], [ f_ˈɒ_n_ə_ɡ_ɹ_ˌa_f n_ˈiː_d_əl]

When it comes to listening to music from phonograph players, the phonograph needle is the essential component that makes it possible. However, depending on where you're from or the specific context you're using it in, you might know this piece of equipment by different names. For instance, in the UK, people commonly refer to it as a stylus, while in Australia, it's sometimes called a pickup. Some people also use the term "gramophone needle," while a more technical term is "cartridge" or "phono cartridge." Regardless of the name you use, the phonograph needle is crucial for achieving high-quality audio output from vinyl records.

Synonyms for Phonograph needle:

How to use "Phonograph needle" in context?

A phonograph needle is the metal rod used to move the recording media of a phonograph.

Word of the Day

Bouvet Island, a remote and uninhabited volcanic island in the Southern Ocean, is known for its breathtaking beauty and untouched nature. When seeking to describe this unique locat...