What is another word for pickup arm?

4 synonyms found


[ pˈɪkʌp ˈɑːm], [ pˈɪkʌp ˈɑːm], [ p_ˈɪ_k_ʌ_p ˈɑː_m]

A pickup arm is an essential part of turntables, which allows the needle to pick up the sound from vinyl records. It is also known as a tonearm. However, there are multiple colloquial terms for pickup arms based on their shape, size, and design. One common synonym used for a pickup arm is the tonearm, which is primarily used in professional audio equipment. Another term is the stylus arm, which is used to describe the part of the arm that holds the needle touching the record's grooves. The wand is another term used for a pickup arm that telescopes out and folds back into the turntable's body. Lastly, an arm lifter or cue lever is a small mechanism that lifts the arm during the record's play.

Synonyms for Pickup arm:

How to use "Pickup arm" in context?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of what pickup arm configuration is best for your guitar. The most important factor to consider is the type and size of guitar you have.

Different pickup arm configurations are designed to provide the player with a variety of tones and sounds. Here are a few examples:

The "V" configuration has a pickup in the middle of the arm, and the "S" configuration has a pickup on the end. The "T" configuration has a pickup in the middle and a "U" configuration has a pickup on the bottom.

Holonyms for Pickup arm:

Hyponym for Pickup arm:

Word of the Day

dominoes, dominos.