What is another word for rough-hew?

52 synonyms found


[ ɹˈʌfhjˈuː], [ ɹˈʌfhjˈuː], [ ɹ_ˈʌ_f_h_j_ˈuː]

"Rough-hew" is a term used to describe the initial shaping of raw materials, such as stone or wood, by cutting or chopping roughly with a tool. Some synonyms for "rough-hew" could include "hatchet," "hew," "shape," "chisel," "carve," "cut," and "sculpt." Each of these words captures the essence of shaping something by hand or with tools, with a focus on achieving a desired aesthetic or functional result. These synonyms may be used interchangeably in various contexts, depending on the type of material being worked with and the specific techniques and tools being employed.

Synonyms for Rough-hew:

How to use "Rough-hew" in context?

The rough-hew is a type of tool used by carpenters, woodworkers and other cabinetmakers. It is a hand-held, power-driven tool that is used for shaping and cutting wood. The rough-hew consists of an arm and a rotating cutting board. The arm is fitted with a sharp, triangular-shaped blade that is used to cut the wood. The rotating cutting board helps to keep the blade at a comfortable angle so that the cuts are accurate.

Word of the Day

sticker shock
appraise, bargain, beat down, bottom out, bounce back, cap, cheapen, Capping.