What is another word for s-shaped?

56 synonyms found


[ ˈɛsʃˈe͡ɪpt], [ ˈɛsʃˈe‍ɪpt], [ ˈɛ_s_ʃ_ˈeɪ_p_t]

"S-shaped" is a term typically used to describe a shape that curves inward, then outward again, in a similar fashion to the letter S. However, there are several other terms that convey a similar meaning to "S-shaped". For instance, "serpentine" is a term that refers to something that winds and twists like a snake. "Undulating" can also be used to describe a shape that has a gentle, wave-like movement, or that rises and falls in a serpentine pattern. Additionally, the words "meandering" and "sinuous" can be used to describe a shape that bends and curves, with no clear pattern or direction.

How to use "S-shaped" in context?

The term "s-shaped" is often used to describe the trajectory of a stock or other financial asset as it reaches its peak and then falls. The term is used to describe the nature of a "typical" market boom and bust.

Word of the Day

have an impression