What is another word for tableau curtain?

11 synonyms found


[ tˈablə͡ʊ kˈɜːtən], [ tˈablə‍ʊ kˈɜːtən], [ t_ˈa_b_l_əʊ k_ˈɜː_t_ə_n]

A tableau curtain is an important element in theatrical productions, separating the audience from the performance space. However, there are several other words that can be used in place of tableau curtain, such as backcloth, theater drape, or stage backdrop. These terms all refer to the large piece of fabric that is used to cover the back of the stage and provide a background for the actors. Another term that can be used is scrim, which is a semi-transparent material that can be lit from behind to create special effects. No matter what word is used, the tableau curtain remains a key component of any theatrical production.

Synonyms for Tableau curtain:

How to use "Tableau curtain" in context?

Tableau curtains are a type of window covering that are made from a sheer curtain panel that is gathered at the top with a valance or panels. Tableau curtains are sometimes called French pleated curtains. They have a sleek, modern look and are perfect for both formal and informal settings.

Word of the Day

aquiline, arced, arching, arciform, arcuate, bicornate, bicorne, bicorned, bicornuate, bicornuous.