What is another word for tapers?

315 synonyms found


[ tˈe͡ɪpəz], [ tˈe‍ɪpəz], [ t_ˈeɪ_p_ə_z]

Tapers are slender cylindrical objects that typically have one end that gradually narrows to a point. There are various synonyms for the word "tapers" that can be used to describe similar objects with tapered shapes. One of the most common synonyms is "cone," which refers to a similarly shaped object that tapers to a point. "Pyramid" is another synonym that can be used to describe a shape that tapers to a point, typically with a square or triangular base. "Tapered" can also be used as an adjective to describe an object that has a tapered shape. Overall, there are many synonyms available to describe tapering objects, each of which can add unique descriptive qualities to your writing.

Synonyms for Tapers:

How to use "Tapers" in context?

Teens today are naturally more expressive with their emotions than ever before. This is most likely a result of increased exposure to social media and other electronic media. But while this is a good thing, there can also be some negative consequences. One such consequence is that teens may become increasingly expressive in their expressions of anger, sadness, and other negative emotions, which can be alarming to those around them.

This problem may be especially difficult for teens to control in the presence of others, particularly their peers. As a result, some may turn to teetering as a means of coping with their emotions.

Word of the Day

have an impression