What is another word for tearjerker?

91 synonyms found


[ tˈi͡əd͡ʒəkə], [ tˈi‍əd‍ʒəkə], [ t_ˈiə_dʒ_ə_k_ə]

How to use "Tearjerker" in context?

Tearjerker is an emotion that is induced in the heart when the individual is emotionally moved by a sad or sentimental event. The term is typically used to describe movies or TV shows that evoke these reactions in the viewers. The term originated from the term Buddy Tearjerker, which was used to describe a movie or TV show that made viewers cry with sadness for the main characters.

Word of the Day