What is another word for voluted?

33 synonyms found


[ vˈɒluːtɪd], [ vˈɒluːtɪd], [ v_ˈɒ_l_uː_t_ɪ_d]

Voluted is a descriptive word often used to describe architectural features like staircases or columns that have spiraled or twisted forms. Some synonyms for voluted include twisted, coiled, spiraled, curled, and whorled. Other options include serpentine, winding, and convoluted. Each of these alternatives offers slightly different connotations, with coiled and spiraled suggesting tighter, more compact twists, while winding and convoluted convey a sense of more gradual, meandering twists and turns. Ultimately, the choice of synonym will depend on the context and the desired effect, with word choice playing a key role in creating vivid, evocative descriptions.

Related words: voluted shapes, voluted keycap, voluted design, voluted car, voluted wall

Related questions:

  • What is a voluted shape?
  • How do you make a voluted shape?
  • What are some examples of a voluted design?
  • What is a voluted car?

    Synonyms for Voluted:

    How to use "Voluted" in context?

    Voluted is an adjective meaning a curved or S-shaped form. Voluted sentences are often seen in writing, especially in essays, because they add an interesting and unique flavor to the text. They can also be fairly difficult to create, as they require a good deal of skill in grammar and syntax.

    Word of the Day

    do anyhow