What is another word for wattle?

173 synonyms found


[ wˈɒtə͡l], [ wˈɒtə‍l], [ w_ˈɒ_t_əl]

Wattle is a commonly used term in the field of botany and agriculture, referring to a framework of interwoven branches and twigs used in the construction of fences, walls, and houses. However, there are numerous synonyms for the word wattle that can be used to express the same concept, including hurdle, paling, screen, trellis, lattice, fence, and barricade. Each of these terms conveys the idea of a structured barrier made up of interlocking elements. While wattle may be the most commonly used term, using synonyms can add variety and richness to one's language and writing.

Synonyms for Wattle:

How to use "Wattle" in context?

Wattle is a fleshy protuberance on the upper part of thehuman hand, at the base of the thumb. In human and other primate species, it is used for communication, as an ornament, and as a sensory organ.

Word of the Day

eutectic mixture