What is another word for catchwater drain?

Pronunciation: [kˈat͡ʃwɔːtə dɹˈe͡ɪn] (IPA)

The term "catchwater drain" refers to a channel or duct that collects and diverts surface water in a particular direction. Some synonyms for the word include "gutter," "channel," "runway," "ditch," "culvert," and "pipe." These synonyms are similar in their function as they all act as a means to collect and redirect water away from a particular area. The specifics of their design, however, can vary based on location, climate, and purpose. For example, a culvert may be used to carry water under a road or bridge, while a gutter may be used to direct rainwater away from a building's foundation.

What are the hypernyms for Catchwater drain?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Middle Class Populations
The antonyms for the term "Middle Class Populations" are "extreme poverty populations" and "wealthy high-class populations." Extreme poverty populations refer to people who suffer ...