What is another word for Clypeiform?

19 synonyms found


[ klˈa͡ɪpɪfˌɔːm], [ klˈa‍ɪpɪfˌɔːm], [ k_l_ˈaɪ_p_ɪ_f_ˌɔː_m]

"Clypeiform" is a technical term used in the field of botany and zoology to describe a shield-like shape or structure. However, there are several synonyms that can be used instead of this term to describe the same kind of shape. These include scutate, peltate, orbicular, discoid, and buckler-shaped. "Scutate" refers to a shape that resembles a broad shield or plate, while "peltate" describes a shape where the stem attaches to the center of a round or shield-shaped leaf. "Orbicular" refers to a shape that is circular or nearly circular, while "discoid" describes a shape that is round and flat like a disc. "Buckler-shaped" describes a shape that is similar to the round shield used by soldiers centuries ago.

What are the hypernyms for Clypeiform?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

more lowcut
low-cut, low-necked, revealing, shocking, low-neck, low-hanging, deep-cut.