What is another word for fluorescent lights?

31 synonyms found


[ flʊ͡əɹˈɛsənt lˈa͡ɪts], [ flʊ‍əɹˈɛsənt lˈa‍ɪts], [ f_l_ʊə_ɹ_ˈɛ_s_ə_n_t l_ˈaɪ_t_s]

Fluorescent lights are a common type of lighting that are used in various settings- from hospitals and offices to schools and homes. These lights are known for their bright illumination, energy efficiency, and long lifespan. If you're looking for other words to describe fluorescent lights, you might consider using terms like tube lights, fluorescent lamps, fluorescent fixtures, or simply fluorescents. Some people might also refer to these lights as cool white lights, since they tend to give off a cool, bluish-white hue. Regardless of what you call them, fluorescent lights remain a popular choice for many different settings as they provide a cost effective and environmentally friendly way to light up a space.

How to use "Fluorescent lights" in context?

When you are in a dark place and you see a bright light, it can be startling. Most of the time, this light is coming from a bulb in a lamp. However, there is another type of light that can be just as bright, and this type of light is called a fluorescent light. fluorescent lights are common in stores, offices, and even some homes. They are made up of a tube of light that is filled with a liquid that emits light when an electric current is passed through it. This light is often used to light up a room because it is Subtle and does not use a lot of energy.

Word of the Day

aquiline, arced, arching, arciform, arcuate, bicornate, bicorne, bicorned, bicornuate, bicornuous.