What is another word for person receiving a pension?

2 synonyms found


[ pˈɜːsən ɹɪsˈiːvɪŋ ɐ pˈɛnʃən], [ pˈɜːsən ɹɪsˈiːvɪŋ ɐ pˈɛnʃən], [ p_ˈɜː_s_ə_n ɹ_ɪ_s_ˈiː_v_ɪ_ŋ ɐ p_ˈɛ_n_ʃ_ə_n]

When referring to a person receiving a pension, there are many synonyms that can be used to describe this individual. One common term is pensioner, which is used in the UK and other parts of the world. Another word that is often used is retiree, which refers to someone who has retired from work and is now receiving a pension. Some other synonyms include annuitant, beneficiary, grantee, and stipendary. Additionally, some people may use more informal terms such as "golden ager" or "senior citizen". Regardless of the term chosen, it is important to remember that the person receiving the pension is likely someone who has worked hard and deserves to be respected and honored.

Synonyms for Person receiving a pension:

What are the hypernyms for Person receiving a pension?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Vanillic Acid
Vanillic acid, a chemical compound derived from vanillin, is a versatile ingredient found in various industries. Known for its distinct aroma and taste, vanillic acid is often used...