What is another word for pressers?

Pronunciation: [pɹˈɛsəz] (IPA)

Pressers are individuals who work in the garment industry to press and steam clothing to ensure a crisp appearance. There are several synonyms used to describe these workers, including a finisher, ironer, flattener, and smoothener. A finisher is someone who completes the final touches of a garment, including pressing, to ensure it is ready to be worn. An ironer is another term that refers to someone who presses and smooths out wrinkles in clothing using a heated iron. A flattener is a person who specializes in flattening fabrics to make them easier to sew and fit together. Finally, a smoothener is someone who uses a flat iron to smooth out clothing, such as shirts and pants.

What are the hypernyms for Pressers?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Pressers

One stove was used by the pressers and the cook.
"White Slaves"
Louis A Banks
There were sewing-machines on the ground- floor, the cutters and pressers worked in the middle stories, and at the top were the finishers.
"Marm Lisa"
Kate Douglas Wiggin
In 1749, combinations to advance wages, decrease hours of work, or regulate prices were declared void for journeymen dyers, journeyman hot pressers, all wool workers, brickmakers and tilemakers, journeymen servants, workmen, laborers, felt and hat makers, and silk, linen, cotton, iron, leather, and fur workers in and around London.
"Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed."
S. A. Reilly

Word of the Day

Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome
Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome (WPW) is a rare cardiac condition, characterized by abnormal electrical pathways in the heart. Individuals with WPW may experience unique symptoms li...