What is another word for progressive tense?

Pronunciation: [pɹəɡɹˈɛsɪv tˈɛns] (IPA)

The progressive tense is also known as the continuous tense, which refers to an action that is ongoing or in progress at a certain point in time. It can also be called the durative tense, emphasizing the duration of an action. The progressive tense can be further divided into present progressive, past progressive, and future progressive. Some synonyms for the progressive tense include the ongoing tense, the imperfect tense, the continuous aspect, and the progressive aspect. Regardless of the name used, the progressive tense plays an important role in English grammar by expressing actions that are not necessarily finished or completed.

Synonyms for Progressive tense:

What are the hypernyms for Progressive tense?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    tenses, verb aspects, verb constructions, verb forms, verb moods.

Word of the Day

Erythrocyte Hemoglobin Mean Cell
Erythrocyte Hemoglobin Mean Cell (EHMC) is a laboratory measurement used to determine the average amount of hemoglobin in a single red blood cell. Antonyms for EHMC include low hem...