What is another word for roll of film?

2 synonyms found


[ ɹˈə͡ʊl ɒv fˈɪlm], [ ɹˈə‍ʊl ɒv fˈɪlm], [ ɹ_ˈəʊ_l ɒ_v f_ˈɪ_l_m]

A roll of film is a term used to describe a spool of photographic film used in cameras. In today's digital age, this term might seem outdated, but for photography enthusiasts, it holds a special place in their vocabulary. A roll of film can be referred to as a cartridge, spool, or reel, depending on the context. A filmstrip is another synonym for a roll of film, as it is a long strip of film that contains multiple frames or images. Additionally, a roll of film can be described as a film roll, photo roll, or negative roll, especially when referring to rolls of film for developing negatives. Regardless of the synonym, a roll of film remains a cherished reminder of the glory days of traditional photography.

Synonyms for Roll of film:

What are the hypernyms for Roll of film?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

more lowcut
low-cut, low-necked, revealing, shocking, low-neck, low-hanging, deep-cut.