What is another word for seismic refraction?

Pronunciation: [sˈa͡ɪzmɪk ɹɪfɹˈakʃən] (IPA)

Seismic refraction is a term used in geophysics to describe the propagation of seismic waves through subsurface layers. It is an important tool for identifying subsurface features such as rock formations and faults. There are several synonyms for seismic refraction that are commonly used in the field of geophysics. These synonyms include seismic reflection, seismic tomography, and seismic imaging. Seismic reflection is used to describe the process of bouncing sound waves off subsurface layers and measuring the time it takes for the waves to return to the surface. Seismic tomography is a more advanced technique that uses multiple sensors to create 3D images of the subsurface. Seismic imaging is a term used to describe the interpretation of seismic data to create images of subsurface features.

Synonyms for Seismic refraction:

What are the hypernyms for Seismic refraction?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

clinched, gnarly, knobbed, knotted, knotty, clenched, gnarled.