What is another word for shabbier?

1 synonym found


[ ʃˈabɪə], [ ʃˈabɪə], [ ʃ_ˈa_b_ɪ__ə]

There are many synonymous words for the adjective "shabbier." These words are used to describe something that is worn out, tattered, and unkempt. Words like ragged, frayed, threadbare, dilapidated, and grubby are commonly used as synonyms for "shabbier." They all show the same idea or sense as "shabbier" does, but with slightly different shades of meaning. For instance, "ragged" implies something that is torn or full of holes, while "frayed" suggests something that is worn or unraveling at the edges. Using a synonym of "shabbier" can help in avoiding repetition, and also allows the writer to convey the precise image they want the readers to picture.

Related words: most shabby, the shabbiest, shabbiest home, worse-looking, shabbiest design

Related questions:

  • How do you make something look more shabby?
  • Is there an iphone app for making something look shabby?
  • How to make a shabby chic object?
  • How to make a room look venerable?

    Synonyms for Shabbier:

    What are the hypernyms for Shabbier?

    A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

    Word of the Day

    Vanillic Acid
    Vanillic acid, a chemical compound derived from vanillin, is a versatile ingredient found in various industries. Known for its distinct aroma and taste, vanillic acid is often used...