What is another word for Slime Mould?

Pronunciation: [slˈa͡ɪm mˈə͡ʊld] (IPA)

Slime mould, also known by its scientific name myxomycetes, is a type of fungus-like organism that is known for its slimy, gooey appearance. However, there are several other words that can be used to describe this unique organism. These include: Mycetozoan: This term is often used to describe slime moulds and other similar organisms, such as water moulds and plasmodial slime moulds. Protist: This is a general term used to describe any organism that is not a plant, animal, or fungus. Slime moulds are often classified as protists, along with many other single-celled organisms. Amoeba: Some types of slime moulds, known as cellular slime moulds, are similar in appearance and behaviour to amoebae, another type of protist.

Synonyms for Slime mould:

What are the hypernyms for Slime mould?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Latitudinarians refers to individuals who hold broad or liberal views, especially in matters of religion or politics. Synonyms for latitudinarians include liberals, progressives, o...