What is another word for spiculose?

Pronunciation: [spˈɪkjʊlˌə͡ʊz] (IPA)

Spiculose is an adjective that refers to something that is covered with spicules. Some synonyms of spiculose include bristly, prickly, spiny, thorny, and spinous. These descriptors are commonly used to describe plants with sharp, pointed edges or animals with quills or thorns. Other synonyms for spiculose include barbed, jagged, and serrated. These adjectives are often used to describe objects with rough or uneven edges that can cause injury or pain. When used in the context of geology, spiculose can also be substituted with the word crystalline to describe a surface that is covered in small, sharp crystals.

Synonyms for Spiculose:

What are the hypernyms for Spiculose?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Guarnieri bodies
Guarnieri bodies, also known as Negri bodies, are distinct cytoplasmic inclusions found in nerve cells infected with the rabies virus. These structures were first described by Adel...