What is another word for thermionic valve?

8 synonyms found


[ θˌɜːmɪˈɒnɪk vˈalv], [ θˌɜːmɪˈɒnɪk vˈalv], [ θ_ˌɜː_m_ɪ__ˈɒ_n_ɪ_k v_ˈa_l_v]

Thermionic valves, also known as vacuum tubes, are electronic devices that have been in use since the early 1900s. They are used in a variety of applications such as amplifiers, radios, and television sets. There are several synonyms for the term thermionic valve, including electron tube, vacuum tube, and CRT (cathode ray tube). The concept of a thermionic valve is based on the flow of electrons from one electrode to another. These synonyms are often used interchangeably in technical literature and discussions related to electronics. Despite the rise of solid-state technology, thermionic valves continue to be used in niche applications and are appreciated by enthusiasts for their unique sound quality and aesthetics.

Synonyms for Thermionic valve:

What are the hypernyms for Thermionic valve?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Vanillic Acid
Vanillic acid, a chemical compound derived from vanillin, is a versatile ingredient found in various industries. Known for its distinct aroma and taste, vanillic acid is often used...