What is another word for u-shaped plate?

Pronunciation: [jˈuːʃˈe͡ɪpt plˈe͡ɪt] (IPA)

A U-shaped plate is a flat piece of metal or other material that has a U-shaped groove or channel cut into it. There are several synonyms for a U-shaped plate, depending on its function and the industry in which it is used. Some common synonyms include a U-Channel, a U-Beam, or a C-Channel. In the building and construction industry, a U-shaped plate may also be referred to as a J-Channel or a brick ledge. In manufacturing, a U-shaped plate may be called a pinch roll or a pinch block. Regardless of what it is called, a U-shaped plate is an essential component for many applications in a variety of industries.

Synonyms for U-shaped plate:

What are the hypernyms for U-shaped plate?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

involuntary servitude
bondage, captivity, dependency, enslavement, enthrallment, feudalism.