What is another word for vault ends?

Pronunciation: [vˈɒlt ˈɛndz] (IPA)

Vault ends refer to the term used in architecture that refers to the structural components that cap off the end of a vault. There are several synonyms that can be used to describe this term, including piers, abutments, buttresses, or supports. All of these terms describe the strong, weight-bearing components that help to support the arches and domes typically found in Gothic or Romanesque architecture. Other related terms include keystones, which are the central component of an arch, and voussoirs, which are the individual blocks or bricks that make up an arch. Understanding the various components that make up vaulted structures is crucial to appreciating the complexity and beauty of architectural design.

Synonyms for Vault ends:

What are the hypernyms for Vault ends?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    Arches, wall supports, Architectural elements, curved structures, roofing components, stone ornaments.

Related words: what is the vault on ender's game, the ender's game vault, ender's game vault, what is in the vault on ender's game, what is in the ender's game vault, what is in the ender's game vault in the book ender's game, what is in the ender's game vault at

Word of the Day

Idpm Inf Manage stands for Identity and Access Management, which is all about managing digital identities and ensuring secure access to resources. Antonyms for this term can consis...